Everything you need, from plans to completion
You’ll get a quality, comprehensive groundworks service from DPL for a competitive price and with a no quibble guarantee. Working with us means:
- One price with no hidden extras so you can budget from the start. All materials, and equipment will be included
- A meticulous process that takes care of everything for you from initial plans right through to completion. You’ll have a project manager to liaise with from start to finish
- Your work will be carried out by trained and professional staff. We’ve invested in our own equipment so we’ll always use the best machines for the job
- The reassurance of 20 years’ experience in groundworks as part of a complete steel building service. We’ve worked on everything from small units right up to £0.5 million buildings with extensive groundworks
- The peace of mind that safety is at our heart – we hold CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) and SMAS Worksafe accreditation.
we design them for our own building projects too
Because we often undertake complete builds on steel buildings, we know only too well the absolute importance of precision work on the foundations – get them right and it makes the rest of the project easy – get them wrong and a lack of accuracy at this stage will cost you time and money.
We also know that an ideal service is one that manages the whole project for you, and that’s what you can look forward to. That service starts with a plan and a complete quote, plus advice, if required, on the right type of foundations (or we can work to existing specifications). These are two of the standard types:
Steel framed buildings usually have pad foundations – concrete foundations under each steel column. Bolts are then positioned in the wet concrete to anchor the building. We use precise survey equipment to ensure that your building can be erected quickly and safely.
From the footing design, we can use survey equipment to translate any design or drawing to the ground with millimetre accuracy. It’s vital to get the footings in the correct position to aid the build, as getting it right will reduce wastage and save money.
For the peace of mind of a professional, comprehensive foundations service, get in touch today call 01664566119 or get a quote using the form below.
Are you looking for a solid base to create clean, stable outside areas for car parks, walkways, work yards, ramps, livestock floors or heavy traffic areas? Usually, this will involve an area made up of a base stone, with a decorative gravel or a graded material to form a smoother finish on top. For a longer-term option and a more heavy-duty finish, concreting may be a better choice.
Leave it to us to make a recommendation as part of our complete service – all for one inclusive price.
Whether you’re looking to create or develop an industrial or commercial site, we can lay concrete floors and roadways that are built to last. A very durable surface, concrete is a practical choice for many operations, including making it easier for machinery such as forklift trucks to operate, footpaths for pedestrians and clean and functional car-parking areas. We can also lay concrete to incorporate surface drainage and prevent standing water.
There are many finishing options for the concrete, depending on its use. Here are some of the floors we can provide for you:
- Polished – provides a hard/smooth work area. This is mainly used for internal industrial floors as it’s very easy to clean and requires little future maintenance and can be painted if you require it.
- Smooth – you can have a moderate smooth finish with a little grip that’s easy to clean. This is ideal for light industrial use
- Brushed – used to provide grip, this is hard wearing and non-slip. It can be swept with relative ease. You would find this best for outside areas
- Roller tamp – creating a non-slip finish with a diamond imprint effect used on cattle yards.
To manage the water run-off from your yard areas or building, you’ll need drains to take the water to the drainage system and prevent standing water. There are then many options, depending on the site and building regulations. It may go into the rainwater harvesting, catchment ponds, or into a soakaway. Based on your site and requirements, our technical experts will recommend a solution that we can then complete for you.
It’s important to have the drainage carried out correctly to minimise future problems or make sure they can be easily managed and fixed. Your drainage might connect into a mains sewer or require a sewage treatment plant to be fitted – we can advise you on this.
Need professional support with your drainage?Get Your Quote
Get in touch for your quote
With DPL, you’ll have the service of a family-run firm built on quality, competence and integrity. While we usually work as a main contractor, our groundworks solutions are also ideal when you need subcontractor services to assist you with one part of a larger build.